Cape Snoek Braai Recipe
• One large fresh snoek ( gutted and cleaned)
• One large onion finely chopped
• 500ml of fresh lemon juice
• 500g of butter
• 4 cloves of garlic chopped
• Coarse Sea salt ( 3 tablespoons)
1. Melt the butter in a pot. Once melted, add the lemon juice and stir.
2. Add the garlic and onion and stir for a further 2 minutes.
3. Place the snoek on a large and deep frying pan with the skin side facing down. Sprinkle the sea salt over the snoek.
4. Put the frying pan over medium coals and immediately add the sauce.
5. Monitor the coals so that it does not get too hot.
6. Braai for about 20 minutes until all the snoek’s flesh turns from pink to white.
7. Serve with rice.